Upcoming Events:


Community Meetings:

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Scott's Miracle GRO1000 Award to Quesada Gardens

QGI's Jeffrey Betcher and Mayor Ed Lee accept
the $25,000 check from Scott's Miracle Gro representatives
Photo: Chris Waddling
Well, although I'm sure he's not aware of it, I began my day "with" Mayor Ed Lee at the QB3/Canada event at UCSF, Mission Bay (where I work), and I ended it at Quesada Gardens Initiative, where I'm Board Vice-Chair.

Today, at Quesada Gardens Initiative, San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee accepted a check for $25,000 dollars from the Scott's Miracle Gro company, the first such national award (of five for 2012) given in recognition of a worthy community project. Congratulations to Jeffrey Betcher, Annette Smith, and all of the Quesada Gardens Initiative volunteers for their tireless efforts in increasing beauty and safety in the Bayview.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although you can post anonymously, I encourage you to post as yourself or under a pseudonym in case other readers would like to respond to your comments. Thanks!