Upcoming Events:


Community Meetings:

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Scott Wiener announces Candidacy for State Senate District 11

From his Facebook page announcement,
State Senate District 11
Today I'm announcing my candidacy for the California State Senate in 2016. Attached is my website with announcement video. I hope you'll consider sharing this post. 
I'm running to succeed our great State Senator Mark Leno, who, sadly, will reach term limits next year. I'm honored to have Senator Leno's endorsement, as well as endorsements by Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom, Attorney General Kamala Harris, Board of Equalization Member Fiona Ma, Assemblyman David Chiu , Senator Jerry Hill, City Attorney Dennis Herrera, and many other elected officials in San Francisco and San Mateo County. My full endorsement list is at www.scottwiener.com/endorsements. The Senate district includes all of San Francisco, Daly City, Colma, and Broadmoor, as well as a portion of South San Francisco. 
San Francisco, San Mateo County, the Bay Area, and California as a whole confront serious challenges around our long-term sustainability. As our population grows, we need to address the cost of housing with meaningful and forward-looking solutions, expand and improve our public transportation systems, structurally reform our stewardship of our water supply, and ensure that all Californians have access to affordable, high-quality health care and great public education. 
I work hard on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on these critical issues, and I will work as hard or harder representing San Francisco and northern San Mateo County in the State Senate. I'm an optimist, and I know that working together, we can get the job done and move toward a bright future. I hope you'll join me in the effort. I would be honored to have your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although you can post anonymously, I encourage you to post as yourself or under a pseudonym in case other readers would like to respond to your comments. Thanks!