A special volunteer day for
Martin Luther King Service Weekend
Sunday January 15th, 10am-12noon
McKinley Square Hillside
20th at San Bruno Ave.
- Clear weeds on plants planted in October
- Improve trails
- Remove fennel
- General clean up of garbage & debris
- Planting new native plants
- Liam O'Brien from SFButterFly, who will give a talk on the importance of native plants, and their support for native wildlife.
- D10 Supervisor Malia Cohen, who also joined us with the MLK Service Weekend at the creation of the 18th & San Bruno Ave Community Garden in 2010. http://www.potreroview.net/
Lunch will be sponsored by Goat Hill Pizza. Drinks by Chiotras Grocery
Volunteers are encouraged to bring gloves and gardening tools if they have them. Otherwise we will supply.
All volunteers will get to go home with a few native plants for their back, side, and front yards. Plants that promote native wildlife for the hillside help in home gardens too!
RSVPs encouraged but not required. Helps us know how much pizza, drinks & plants to have on hand. RSVP to: info@McKinleySquare.com
This is also posted at: http://mckinleysquareblog.