At the first D10 kickoff meeting this past weekend, ideas that floated to the top were: wrapping utility boxes in art; safety measures for seniors on MUNI; streetscape improvements; shuttle share program in Vis Valley. Evidently, we're only able to use the web form at http://sfpb.net/ to submit one idea per home address. Despite this, since I had a couple of ideas, I submitted others to the email address provided on the website. The ideas I submitted were:
- provide initial funding to new community gardens, such as that at the Palou Community Garden
- streetscape improvements to Industrial St, including adding new crosswalks at four intersections, bulbouts, pedestrian islands, bike lanes, and stop signs at Revere
- expand SFShines to provide grants for facade improvements at neighborhood corner stores, such as Mike's Market on Silver at Revere (Silver Terrace) and Five Mile Market on San Bruno Ave (Vis Valley).
- Kickoff meeting #2 Wednesday, April 2, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; California College of the Arts, 350 Kansas Street. Same format as the one on Saturday in Visitacion Valley, where people will be split into groups and will brainstorm ideas
- Residents can submit their ideas via the website at http://sfpb.net/ until April 15. When an idea is submitted, the City's budget office will go over it and determine whether it is feasible or not within the framework of this program.
- ideas that are deemed feasible will be returned to residents at the vetting meeting on April 17 at the Southeast Community Facility, 1800 Oakdale Ave (6-7:30PM).
- ideas that make it through that meeting will be sent out to residents throughout District 10 to be voted upon. We'll be given a window of time to do it in and the projects that get the most votes (one vote per resident) will be funded.
If you want funds to be spent in your neighborhood, you have to vote. Be prepared to get your neighbors to vote, go door to door if you have to, and help get funds directed your way.
Projects that are funded will get a minimum of $5K and a maximum of $25K. If you have an idea, please submit it to http://sfpb.net/
If you want a second pair of eyes to read through your completed draft before you submit an idea, I'm happy to take a look and give you feedback (that you can use or not as you see fit).