Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) is offering paid work experiences for low-income youth ages 17-21 who live in San Francisco. SYEP provides young people with hands-on work experience, job readiness training and ongoing support through partnerships with local community-based organizations. You must meet income and SYEP program requirements to be eligible for this summer program begins June 6 and ends in July 29.
Apply will only be accepted until Friday, April 29th.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM YOU MUST:
- Have a legal right to work in the United States
- Be at least 17 years old and no older than 21 years old
- Live in San Francisco
- Qualify as low-income, based on the Lower Living Standard Income Levels
- Meet program requirements as specified by SYEP
- Males who are 18 years old or older must register for Selective Service.
IF YOU THINK YOU QUALIFY, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING (see the SYEP APPLICATION PACKET for a list of acceptable documents):
- Current picture ID
- Original Social Security Card
- Proof of age if photo ID does not include date of birth
- Proof of your address
- Valid Permanent Resident/Alien Registration Card (if applicable)
- Selective Service Registration Card (if male 18 or older)
- Work Permit (if under 18 years old)