Upcoming Events:


Community Meetings:

Monday, January 23, 2012

What's my Lucky Element?

With the Lunar New Year approaching, many of us Gweilo may be wondering what all the fuss is about.  A few people have asked me if I know my zodiac sign I was born under, and how 2012 looks from a horoscopic perspective.  Well, being the respectful scientist that I am, I am loathe to call into question their belief in the power of the zodiac, so I generally say I was born in the year of the Monkey, and leave it at that.

Well, apparently, it's not that simple.  A calculator at Chinese Fortune Calendar will tell all!  Best to start with the 2012 Horoscope for the Year of the Black Water Dragon.   From there, find out your lucky element based on the exact time and date (and even longitude) of your birth.  For me, I'm a Black Water Dragon, born in the year of the Brown Monkey, with a lucky element of Fire.




How will my luck be this year?    "It's not good. Fire is afraid of Water. When too much Water comes, then Fire has a chance to be extinguished. That implies many pressures will come in 2012. Depending on the relationship between Fire and Day Master, Fire might be related to money, career, reputation or health. This is a year to watch for safety."  My Day Master is Water, which "represents your friends, siblings or same generation relatives. The 2012 events will connected to them and spend most of time with them. You will have more energy in social activities...If Water is your Unlucky Element, then your friends or relatives will bring you trouble. They might ask for a loan, or you may be forced to spend money on them."

Whatever this new year brings, it's time to hunker down and just get started!

Gong Hay Fat Choy, Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although you can post anonymously, I encourage you to post as yourself or under a pseudonym in case other readers would like to respond to your comments. Thanks!