There are two scheduled meetings coming up relating to the San Francisco Transportation Plan (SFTP):
SFTP-CAC Regular Meeting (agenda and materials)
Wednesday, Jan 30, 2012
6PM - 8PM
1455 Market St., 22nd Floor
The San Francisco County Transportation Authority (SFCTA) will be holding an informational workshop on the SFTP at the next meeting of the Visitacion Valley Planning Alliance (VVPA):
Saturday, Feb 9, 2012
10AM - Noon
Visitacion Valley Library Community Meeting Room
201 Leland Avenue
From the SFCTA website,
The SFTP is San Francisco’s transportation "Big Picture." It’s about improving transportation options in your neighborhood, for your business, and on your street—for a healthier, livelier San Francisco.
The SFTP answers questions such as:
* When funding becomes available, how much should we provide to:
* Department of Public Works for street maintenance?
* SFMTA to install traffic signal priority or install new bikeways?
* BART or Caltrain to improve stations or service in San Francisco?
* What innovations can the Authority advance to address gaps in the transportation system?
* should we pursue partnerships with the private sector to help manage transportation demand, or
* should we focus on better regional-to-local connections in our transportation system?