Monday, June 17, 2013 at 5 p.m. (Applications must be in the Arts Commission office by this time. This is not a postmark deadline.)
GRANT AWARD Grant requests may be up to $10,000
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate that they have a strong connection and history of service to the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood and its residents.
- This grant will fund the expansion of existing programs or productions in the neighborhood. Examples of how funds may be used include extending the hours of an art instructor, increasing the number of performances for a production, adding language access to a performance, or paying for a guest artist to enhance a program.
- SFAC will offer capacity-building workshops throughout the year to the selected cohort of grantees to increase the skills of staff members within the organizations that serve the neighborhood.
- The funding must result in a public performance or event.
- Applicants must be an individual artist, an arts organization, or a nonprofit social service agency with an arts program based in San Francisco (with a physical San Francisco mailing address; P.O. Boxes do not qualify as an SF address).
- The program must already have been in existence for six months at the time of application.
- The proposed program must take place between September 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014.
- The project must result in a public exhibition, performance, or event that takes place before June 30, 2014.
- Applicant must be in good standing on any other SFAC grants or commissions.
- To be paid, applicant must become a vendor with the City and County of San Francisco (CCSF). Employees of CCSF are eligible to apply, but will need to identify a fiscal sponsor to receive payment.
Contact Program Manager Robynn Takayama at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-252-2598.