Upcoming Events:


Community Meetings:

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tony Kelly Concedes the Race to Malia Cohen

From Tony Kelly:

Tonight, I offered my congratulations to District 10's next Supervisor, Malia Cohen. I came in second in the ranked-choice runoff, by a few hundred votes. (The final count is still in the works, and will be certified by November 30.)

I am very proud of the grassroots campaign that we built over the past year. We had more donors from District 10 than anyone, more volunteers from District 10 than anyone, and just as many first-place votes in District 10 as any other campaign. So we know the voters heard us. They, like us, want a Supervisor who will listen to all our concerns, bring real progressive ideas to the Board, and ensure that the City's resources work much harder for the people of District 10.

Neighborhood leadership is not about one person, or one campaign. The alliances that came together during this year must continue, and I urge everyone interested in my candidacy to work with Supervisor Cohen, to show City Hall how to create local jobs, clean up our environment, support our families, and use common sense ideas to fixour budget. In years to come, we will all continue to fight for the people of District 10 with courage, compassion, better ideas and hard work.

My love to you all, and many thanks, on behalf of my entire staff and the hundreds of volunteers who gave of themselves over the past nine months.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although you can post anonymously, I encourage you to post as yourself or under a pseudonym in case other readers would like to respond to your comments. Thanks!