Upcoming Events:


Community Meetings:

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Who do you support?

I hope this doesn't put people off, but I want everyone who reads my little blog to know that, in my personal life, I do indeed support one of the 21 candidates for supervisor. I could have gone either way with this disclosure. I guess if I was running for office, I would be said to be exhibiting a lack of transparency. I get that. By not telling you up front that I am personally supportive of a particular candidate makes you all think that I'm personally neutral. However, if I had mentioned up front whom I do support in this election, then everything I post might be viewed as biased - which I suppose now it can be, too. I guess I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. Call it a lie of omission on my part, and for that, I apologize to those who take issue with me not disclosing this sooner.

I hope that my blog doesn't actually reflect my personal support, because all I intended it to be was a forum for us as a community to find out information about the supervisor's race, and to share comments about it and our district. The fact that someone on a recent SFBG comment suggested that I was a Steve Moss supporter indicates to me that my blog actually hasn been unbiased. On that site, and now here, I 'come out' for Kristine Enea. I hope you can go back through my posts and not see any bias in her favor in what I've posted, and hope that future posts continue to be viewed as impartial and simply reporting facts.

If ever I seem to be devoting too much virtual ink to slam or support one candidate or another, please let me know. Again, I want you to feel that this site is what I truly intend it to be, a non-partisan look at our district election. The fact that some candidates show up on here more often than others is just a measure of the amount of reporting on them on real news sites.

One thing that you have to remember is that every reporter out there, from the top TV news anchors on down, support candidates or parties in their personal lives. For some, that creeps into their reporting. For the ones that we trust the most, it doesn't. I'm not a reporter by training, just a guy sitting in front of his computer writing a blog to help my neighbors connect with the local world around them, and that is something that I believe can be done in an unbiased way. If you don't think I can do that, then we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Still, I hope you'll continue reading and continue to trust that I'll be as unbiased here as I can be!

- Chris

7 comments:

  1. Hi Chris. Great blog and keep it up. A couple of comments, though. There doesn't seem to be a way to contact you privately. I'd have sent a PM asking to make the posts easier to access and to change the format slightly so we can see when/if a new comment has been added. Yesterday there were 5-7 posts on the dashboard. Today there are 2 and they seem to be all related to the Big Idea. I was also going to PM you and ask why my comment about the poster who suggested we were in North Korea didn't get published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok then, let's see the dirt on Ms. Enea. Right, that's what I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you scroll down and look on the right side of the page, you'll see a link to my full profile, where you'll my email address is cawaddling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re dirt on Ms Enea, I truly don't have any!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would hope you have a personal life and a candidate that you are supporting.

    If you didn't with all that you have read/seen it would be pretty grim (of course there I go assume you would not have a candidate because they are all stinky!)

    Thanks for letting us know, and I assume from the above it is Ms.Enea. Good - I haven't seen much press on her so I will check her out.

    Our system is so crappy. The candidates I know the most about are the dirty folks. Even though I know it is important that their dirt is 'aired' I wish that the great candidates and their qualifications received the same coverage!

    Humans - we just love to watch train wrecks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our system is truly crappy, I couldn't agree more.

    The lead couple of candidates are total dirt bags and I would prefer the devil. They know how to screw the taxpayer only.

    I hope Ms. Enea has a really good chance, seems like a very decent person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I support Malia Cohen. She has her priorities on straight--working, healthy, and safe. Without this very important trio we cannot have a thriving D10. No jobs, no small business and start ups--no thriving D10. Pollution and/or unhealthy living conditions--no thriving D10. Fear of going out and talking to your neighbors--no thriving D10.

    ReplyDelete

Although you can post anonymously, I encourage you to post as yourself or under a pseudonym in case other readers would like to respond to your comments. Thanks!